Friday, June 12, 2009

What's The Time? Lumber Time!

This weekend should be relatively exciting as I will be going up the lake to a great lumber yard (as detailed by Justin the Shipwright) to check out supplies of the plywood that will soon take the shape of the hull. As well as the plywood I'll be looking for the timbers that will be used for the chine logs and gunwales.

On a side note, I've been wondering about paddles. Should I go with a Kayak style double-ended paddle or should I get a Canoe paddle? Maybe both? I dunno, I think a classy wooden Canoe paddle would be pretty B.A. but I think that the Kayak paddle will 1) Make it so much easier to get around, and 2) The boat is designed so that you can use a Kayak paddle. "Can't decide, Can't decide....BRAIN ANEURYSM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment