Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Work

Well, as expected the weather put a serious damper on my weekend progress, but I did get some work done in between downpours on Saturday. I whipped through two stems, a bow and stern as well as a small side project (pictures to follow). My new planer is working very well and I'm really getting the hang of making nice straight and even passes.

Although the forecast for the next ten days calls for thunderstorms, I'm hopeful that this week will grant me a few possibilities to get back outside, finish the stems (a little finish work, sanding ect.) and take some pictures of the stems.

On a side note it should only be a few days to maybe a week until the benevolent shipwright returns from his month+ long Atlantic Voyage aboard Penny Rover (His Wooden Cutter Designed & Built)and I can begin my indoor work/assembly. It seems everyday that I drive down the road past Cayuga Lake I want more and more for this project to be finished, especially when the water looks so flat and peaceful. It makes me want to get out and cut a line right through it with the bow.

Penny Rover

The Benevolent Shipwright

Pictures and Progress to come, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment