Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Plan

So after thinking about this little trip (and I know I'm ahead of myself here but it's fun to think about) I checked out a couple maps and inquired about easy paddling stretches of the river I've found a pretty sweet trip.

Starting at the top of MA, we pick up the river as it flows out from NH and VT (the black dot and the orange) on DAY ONE and travel probably the longest stretch of the trip ending in Greenfield County right before the Connecticut Water Trail. DAY TWO will consist of traveling the length of the Water Trail indicated by the yellow in which we would finish the day near Hadley. DAY THREE is a nice stretch of water leading us down into the middle of MA near North Hampton in green. On our last day on the water DAY FOUR is a shorter stretch to help pick up cars and travel home in the pink ending in Holyoke.

Now, to be perfectly clear, I have no idea how long any of these stretched are, it could be anywhere from 14-20 Miles... Maybe a lot less, so really I would just play it by ear and have a good time. It could take two days or maybe even five, but what's an adventure without some uncertainty? Right?

So all you need is a Canoe or Kayak, Minor Camping Equipment, Beer, and A Sense of Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment