Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today I Move Forward... and Backward... and Forward Again

This afternoon I'm going to pick up a 3 1/4" Electric Planer. Chicago Electrics, and it should look similar to the photo I've placed below. I've decided to back track a bit and re-do the Stern stem, I wasn't in love with the way it came out, and then the *expletive* warped on me. So in for the benefit of speed, I'm upgrading to this...


With the additional task of planing at least one paddle, most likely two, I deduced I would need a Planer for at least 2 days for the duration, which if you're renting one from Home Depot... It costs you $17.00 for 24 hours. As luck would have it, I got one on craigslist for $30. Sharpen the blades and AWAY WE GO.

So, it all comes down to the fact that I'll have some pretty pictures of both stems and the progress I make with my new planer. Look for my next post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment