Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Lack Of Photos, Not A Lack Of Progress

So I picked up my new (used) Planer yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the results. Sharp blades, well taken care of, and it's pretty quiet, until that is when you start cutting the wood, in which case it becomes quiet deafening. So with some cotton swabs jammed in my ears and and a rag wrapped around my head I set off planing, which went pretty well, taking off only 1/50th of an inch at a time I made great progress, consistent progress as well.

I ran into some problems holding the stem in one place while I planed because I've run out of places to anchor the stem with a clamp. I've tried to wedge the stem to keep it still but it continues to move out of place, not good when you're trying to plane in nice even strokes, If anyone has any ideas I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment