Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day Two

Ok, so my mantra didn't work quite so well, I started work as soon as I got home, but I was interrupted by the task of roasting a "Dr. Pepper" Chicken that was amazing, I dare anyone to turn that chicken down. Delicious!

Anyway, after cooking and eating I didn't have that much time left but I have a really good feeling as far as where I'm headed. After fiddling with the blade height and angle for a bit I really hit my stride. The angle I'm planing is straight and right on and now that I'm having an easier go of it I can already see it taking shape and I'm glad I'm doing it by hand. I'm feeling really good about it. Lucky for me, right after work I get great light on the back porch so I snapped a few pictures to show that I am making some progress.

Here's the Bow Stem fitted with the new clamps

Planing the Bow Stem, Self Timer....Oh yea

Nice Line, Lots of Shavings Too

I know this isn't the productivity that I'd hoped for but I'm not worried, with a pretty light three day weekend I'm looking forward to getting a lot done. A finished Bow Stem and possibly a completed Stern stem as well? I don't know my other 2"x4" split (shitty), I don't think Home Depot will take it back, whatever, only $1.77

To Be Continued.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment