Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Payson's Pirogue

Checking out some photos on www.woodenboat.com I found another picture of Payson's Pirogue, it's the same boat that my brother took a picture of but at a different angle, so it gives you a different feel for the boat. This version of the Pirogue doesn't have any outer gunwales, I'm not sure whether of not they're supposed to be there or not, I think I'll put some on, it looks better.


As anyone who has followed probably knows, I had been fairly set on naming my 6-hour canoe, The Whimbrel. I thought it sounded elegant, but the more I say it and hear it, it seems old-fashioned and well kind stuffy. At the same time I have no real connection to the name and since this project, when I finally get around to it! is such a personal project, I think it would be better to name it for something that reflects myself. Therefore, I am officially scrapping the name. At this time I don't know what the name will be, but I'm sure it will come to me down the line during the building process.

Sorry for the confusion, but as many of you know I can be quite indecisive... And besides, I'm the only one with a vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment