Monday, September 28, 2009

Hank Aaron Signature Mitt completed!

I have recently finished my second complete baseball mitt. You've seen the before pictures, the tan lace had begun to dry-rot from the years and I have replaced every bit with new matching red leather lace. I had the lace custom cut by a local tanner and this thing is gonna be a great glove. Here are some new pictures.


As you can probably see, the custom cut leather is a lot "thicker" than the original lace, which made it hard for me to keep flat. But, I'm confident that when I order me new lace for future projects I'll make more progress. This lace is very strong, so the glove needs to be worked in with some hard line drives and throws. It's a sweet glove, and is for sale, as well as my Bobby Bonds signature that I finished a couple weeks back.

Furthermore, if there is anyone out there who's reading that either has a project glove that they have no need for I'm looking for my next project glove (softball or baseball). Or if you have a glove that needs repair, my services are available. I'll post the Bobby Bonds mitt later this week. Although I don't think I have any "before" pictures, but I bought it for .99 so you can imagine it needed a lot of help!

No comments:

Post a Comment